Research & Development (R&D) Tax Credits in Hull & East Yorkshire
R&D tax credits are applicable to limited companies that are actively making a difference to improve their efficiency and reduce their carbon footprint. If your business is liable to Corporation Tax and undertakes in R&D, you could claim back on your expenditures.
Examples of R&D activity include:
- Improving product performance
- Enhancing manufacturing processes by using new methods and materials
- Streamlining services and logistics
- Experimenting with new renewable energy technology
- Reducing or replacing existing packaging with new and efficient solutions
Many companies are surprised to find that they are eligible for R&D tax credits, including grant-funded businesses, so it always pays to check. An enquiry is all it takes – you have nothing to lose, but you could have a lot to gain!
Businesses can claim back on R&D investments including staff, subcontractors, materials and consumables such as light, heat and power.
SMEs can claim back a third on qualifying R&D expenditure and large companies can claim almost 10p for every pound spent, which equates to a big cash pay-out to put towards your next project.
You have two years from the end of your accounting period to submit an R&D tax credit claim for that period, but it is never too early to prepare your claim and look into your R&D tax credits.
By enlisting our assistance, we will help to:
- Optimise the value of your claim
- Gather information from the relevant people in your business
- Prepare all the paperwork
- Liaise with HMRC on your behalf
- Ensure that your claim is valid and robustly backed up should it be challenged by HMRC
Our team works alongside ForrestBrown, the UK’s leading consultants in R&D tax credits, so you can rest assured your claim is in safe, knowledgeable hands from a dedicated team of professionals. Talk to our friendly team today to enquire about your next R&D claim.